IRS-2020 Focused sessions
Focused session 1
Data Science and Radar
Focused session 2
Radar Technology for Automotive Applications
„Data Science and Radar”
Focus area overview
Modern radar applications produce a large amount of data – often called big data in modern terminology. Therefore, the interpretation of the radar measurements relies on big data processing and also machine learning. This also includes multi target tracking with its basic elements, i.e. correlation, association, time series, and estimation. If this is not sufficient, higher level processing requires multi sensor data fusion or more complex situation assessment, which is also based on big data and machine learning techniques. To this end, machine learning or recent successful deep learning methods are used in object classification, object detection or behavior analysis. Additional aspects are with data mining, cloud computing or decentralized processing. It is even conceivable that these topics may open up entirely new avenues for radar data processing. Finally, data science involves visualization of the results of radar systems, which turn out to be increasingly important, e.g. for awareness creation.
This proposal includes:
- Multi target tracking, sensor data fusion.
- Machine learning / deep learning and related tools for radar data processing.
- Data mining / cloud computing / decentral processing in radar applications.
- Big data / massive data in radar applications.
- Usage of big data architectures and related tools for radar applications.
- Visualisation of radar data (e.g. virtual/augmented reality, geographic information systems).
- Data science driven radar applications, e.g.
- Surveillance, security, law enforcement, counter unmanned aerial systems.
- Earth observations, environment monitoring, space-borne radar applications.
- Vessel traffic management, air traffic control, coastal surveillance.
„Radar Technology for Automotive Applications”
Focus area overview
Automotive radars are already introduced into almost every new produced series car. However, more advanced processing techniques and new applications are considered in modern research activities. This session addresses those kind of contributions. This focused session provides room for experts in this area to be able to share and discuss their ideas with other researchers.
Andreas Danklmayer, Dr.-Ing.,
Fraunhofer Institute for High Frequency Physics and Radar Techniques FHR
Speaker Business Unit Traffic: https://www.fhr.fraunhofer.de/en/businessunits/traffic.html